NewMark Merrill Company and Local Restaurants Provide 800 Family Meals to Frontline Healthcare Workers and their Families
Woodland Hills, CA. (February 15, 2021) – NewMark Merrill Companies, a Woodland Hills, California-based retail shopping center development company, announced that it recently executed its eighth “Wave of Kindness,” working with its restaurant partners to provide 800 family meals to frontline healthcare workers and their families in California, Colorado and Illinois. NewMark Merrill launched “Wave of Kindness” in April 2020 to help its communities during the COVID health crisis. To date, the company and its partners have provided support to more than 8,000 members in its communities.
Healthcare workers came to NewMark Merrill shopping centers to pick up their family meals when convenient for their schedule after their shift. They were met by signage thanking them on behalf of the shopping center and a personal greeting from NewMark Merrill.
Healthcare facilities receiving the meals include:
- Pacifica Senior Living Oceanside (Calif.): Ohana Hawaiian BBQ
- Los Robles Regional Medical Center (Thousand Oaks, Calif.): Buca di Beppo
- Dignity Health Northridge Hospital (Calif.): Outback Steakhouse and Xevichez
- Centinela Hospital (Inglewood, Calif.): Norms
- Riverside Community Hospital (Calif.): Burger IM and Uncle Chuang’s Bakery
- Madison Marketplace (Fair Oaks, Calif.): Round Table Pizza
- Longmont United Hospital (Colorado): Parry’s Pizzeria & Taphouse and NextDoor
- Gottlieb Memorial Hospital (Melrose Park, IL): Chick-fil-A
“NewMark Merrill is grateful to all the healthcare workers who continue to work tireless hours to help our loved ones and our communities,” said Sandy Sigal, NewMark Merrill Chief Executive Officer. “Through our Wave of Kindness program, we will continue to look for ways to help those in need during this pandemic.”
About NewMark Merrill Companies
NewMark Merrill Companies, Inc. owns or manages a portfolio of over 85 shopping centers valued at more than $2 billion. Since 1987, President and Chief Executive Officer Sandy Sigal has led the company of shopping centers representing over 1,800 tenants and 10 million square feet in California, Colorado and Illinois. The company has founded and invested heavily in BrightStreet Ventures, its technology company, which is working on leading edge solutions for landlords and tenants to succeed in today’s retail environment. For more information, please visit NewMarkMerrill.com.