Woodland Hills, CA. (May 26, 2020) – NewMark Merrill Companies, a Woodland Hills, California-based retail shopping center development company, announced that it recently executed its second “Wave of Kindness,” working with its restaurant partners to provide meals to 2,620 healthcare workers in 16 facilities in California, Colorado and Illinois. NewMark Merrill launched “Wave of Kindness” in April to help its communities during the COVID health crisis.
Healthcare facilities receiving the meals include:
- Loyola University Medical Center (Maywood, Illinois)
- Advocate Trinity Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)
- South Deering First Responders (Chicago, Illinois)
- Riverside Community Hospital (Riverside, California)
- Centinela Hospital (Inglewood, California)
- Los Robles Regional Medical Center (Thousand Oaks, California)
- Mary’s Medical Center (Long Beach, California)
- South Coast Global Medical Center (Santa Ana, California)
- Tri-City Medical Center (Oceanside, California)
- Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley (San Diego, California)
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center (Chula Vista, California)
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital (La Mesa, California)
- Kaiser Permanente (Sacramento, California)
- Dignity Healthcare (Fair Oaks, CA)
- United Longmont Hospital (Longmont, Colorado)
- UCHealth Longs Peak Hospital (Longmont, Colorado)
“As a nation we, as individuals and businesses, need to support our communities during this crisis,” said Sandy Sigal, NewMark Merrill Chief Executive Officer. “Our communities need us and we will continue to look for ways to give back.”
Kicking off “Wave of Kindness” in April, the company worked with its grocery partners to give over $14,000 in groceries to more than 380 families as they checked out. NewMark Merrill will continue to grow the Wave of Kindness program with future efforts in the works to help its communities.
Medical center personnel were very grateful.
“Thank you for the tuna and turkey sandwich meals. Not only did you bring meals for the day shift but the night shift also! We really appreciate your kindness and support,” said an employee in Centinela Hospital’s Respiratory Care Department.
“Thank you so much! There aren’t enough words to express our gratitude for everything you have given our staff,” said an employee at Scripps Clinic Carmel Valley.
“I am humbled by your kindness. It’s amazing you were able to coordinate this outstanding outreach program touching so many areas of our hospital at this critical time,” said a nurse at Loyola University Medical Center.
“Thank you very much for the support and kindness,” said a doctor at United Longmont Hospital
About NewMark Merrill Companies
NewMark Merrill Companies, LLC owns or manages a portfolio of over 80 shopping centers valued at more than $2 billion. Since 1987, President and Chief Executive Officer Sandy Sigal has led the company of shopping centers representing over 1,500 tenants and 10 million square feet in California, Colorado and Illinois. The Company has founded and invested heavily in BrightStreet Ventures, its technology company, which is working on leading edge solutions for landlords and tenants to succeed in today’s retail environment. For more information, visit NewMarkMerrill.com.